Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Introduction

The purpose of this Blog is keep our friends and relatives informed as to the progress and transition on moving from Crookwell to Canada. I say Canada so it is generally easier for the Aussie readers initially and we haven't decided exactly where we will settle yet. All I can say is that we are intending to settle somewhere along the southern shore of Georgian Bay in Ontario. Narrowing that down to somewhere between Meaford and Wasaga Beach.
Megan is currently living in Meaford but working in Collingwood, some 30 km away. Megan feels there are more opportunities for us closer to Collingwood. (She isn't keen on Wasaga Beach because of the Bikini girls in summer! - Spoil Sport she is)

So why are we moving to Canada? All I need to say is that it is a Maternal thingy. All you females will understand. Especially if you have kids, be they adult or not, and grandkids. The way airfares have increased since we've been married, it was becoming less affordable to visit them. Even so, they grow up and change way too quickly for mere visits.

Megan is an Aussie citizen and very proud of it and will be until the day she dies. Of course I'll become a Canuck when the time comes (if they'll accept me!)

To be together is the most important thing for both of us, but to have kids and grandkids in Canada is so overpowering. I'm looking forward to this exciting adventure and chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will have to be verified by myself before it appears on the blog. (Stops spam and unsavory posts)