Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Meaford Factory Outlet.

Meaford can count its blessings to have a large older building that is suitable for use as Factory Outlet. People come great distances to browse and shop for a vast array of goods from trinkets to tools and footware to furniture. All of the goods are new and are sourced from liquidators or manufacturers overruns etc.
During my stay I visited it twice. Neither time did I travel by car as it was just across the street! So close, and yet I missed getting back on my last day to pick up two very small and cheap items I'd considered buying the day before but procrastinated about spending the couple of dollars. Yikes!
The pain of my stupidity!


I've only managed to post a few of the photos I took inside. With the reasonable crowd that was there, I didn't want to use the flash and nor did I want to alert the staff that I was photographing. Consequently, some of the images are blurred due to increased exposure times.

I'd only be guesstimating that the area would be around 60 metres by 60 metres (200ft x 200ft) from memory. It is divided into a number of areas as well as each area divided into sections or departments.

Being a handy man of sorts, I love tool and hardware departments! Not to forget electrical and electronics. The Meaford Factory Outlet (MFO) has a large supply of things in all those departments to keep you browsing for quite some time. If you are accompanied by your wife, let her spend as much time as she likes in the other departments because you'll find the time slip right on by while your around the tool and hardware section.

One of the bargains I'm sorry I didn't buy, was a 15 ft Steel Tape measure. It was rubber cased with 3/4 inch wide steel blade with both Metric and Imperial scales on it and was priced at just $3.50. The same thing in the Super Stores would cost at least $12 or so. Megan had previously purchased one for her own use before I got there. In the electrical section, I bought a microphone for my computer or my portable mini-disc recorder for just 99 cents. I bring home some other very good bargains in the under $5 category.

There is a large range of both indoor and outdoor furniture. Some in the unstained state and sourced from the Mennonite manufacturers. (Mennonites as in the community spoken of in my post about St. Jacobs Market)



As you can see, there is a full gamut of household furniture to suit a variety of tastes. One particular item I spent time looking at was mattresses and bases.

I expect to spend more time (and probably money) here in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will have to be verified by myself before it appears on the blog. (Stops spam and unsavory posts)