Friday, May 8, 2009

Collingwood Sparkles

Collingwood was in full sunshine when I dropped Meegs at work and went for a Sunday drive around Collingwood.
To start I went to the bay-side park, just east of the harbour. Going down a street from "Pretty River Parkway" (a multi-lane by-pass of Collingwood CBD), I spotted a fox running across the road from a front lawn of one house to another. I stopped to get my camera out an just managed to get some video of it as proof. I drove around a couple of streets hoping to catch sight of it again. Arriving at the waterfront where a number of people were fishing, I noticed a group looking and smiling in a direction that made me suspect they could have spotted the fox. Sure enough, there it was jogging along the waterfront from one backyard to the next but too far away to film.

It's a pretty area in this park looking out across the Bay or back toward the harbour and the resorts.

I drove around to the harbour and found a hive of activity. This turned out to be a fantastic day for getting those big yachts back into the water for the warmer seasons. A large mobile crane lifted one after another into the water.In all my searching of images of Collingwood over the past year, I don't think that I'd seen any from the "other side" of the Landmark Grain Silos! I was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful park that is there at the end of Heritage Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will have to be verified by myself before it appears on the blog. (Stops spam and unsavory posts)